Do you need to protect your Intellectual property?

If you are in a media, design or other creative-type business, it is certainly a “plus” if your lawyer can help you register your products and services for federal trademark and copyright protection. Generally, though, these tasks are performed by specialists who do nothing but “intellectual property” legal work. If your lawyer says he or she “specializes in small businesses,” then he or she should have a close working relationship with one or more intellectual property specialist. Don’t forget that your key employees will also need to sign various non-disclosure agreements so they don’t acquire your firm’s specialized knowledge and then go out and compete with you for the same customers. Each state’s rules are different so you should be sure to check with a local lawyer and not just use an agreement you found on the Internet.

This entry was posted in Litigation. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.